In this episode we discuss life and culture in Morocco, how acupuncture came to be accepted there, and how what began as a wellness center turned into a school of acupuncture.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- What drew Chad to Morocco
- The embodied reality of Qi
- The opportunity to create something that did not exist
- Chinese medicine and the traditional medicine of North Africa
- Emotion and the internal cause of illness
- Inviting patients into a process of inquiry
- Identity and disease, when you see the truth you stop doing things that hurt you
- Jing qi and shen, the process of embodiment
- The first acupuncture school in Morocco
- How the experience of living and teaching in Morocco informs Chad’s work today
While I was abroad for over 13 years, I co-founded Ananda Health Center’s in Casablanca Morocco. Ananda was the first Multi- Disciplinary Wellness Center’s in Morocco, offering Acupuncture, Osteopathy, Massage Therapy, Psychotherapy, Yoga, Tai Chi and Reiki.
During my time in Morocco I founded Institute of Wu Wei, the first Acupuncture school in Morocco which met once a month for a 4 year formation in Traditional Chinese Medicine. We partnered with the oldest Acupuncture School in France, SPERE, and had many students pass their Acupuncture certification in France.
Currently, I’m a co-founder of Pure Ratios, a vertical integrated medical Cannabis company specializing in combine eastern natural medicine and western scientific research to create unique products.